The Viceroy room features a double bathroom and is situated in the former kitchen wing and so benefits from additional seclusion and privacy.
The half-octagon shape of the room is particularly pleasing and exemplifies the subtle manipulation of space for which the Morrisons, Ballyfin’s architects, are famous. The room is a delight during the daytime with light pouring in through the Diocletian window overlooking the courtyard. The fine portrait of a young boy to the left of the window is a work of 1835 by the Irish artist Trevor Thomas Fowler. The room is named in honour of The Earl of Aberdeen, Ireland’s last Viceroy, who visited Ballyfin in 1911.