Family Friendly Ballyfin
Ballyfin house has 20 bedrooms accommodating 39 guests. Additional accommodation can also be found in Ballyfin Gate Lodge, with three beautifully appointed bedrooms which can accommodate 5 guests. The Gate Lodge is perfect for the children’s nanny or for use as additional accommodation.
We welcome children of all ages when the house is reserved by one group for exclusive use. For individual reservations we welcome children over the age of 9 years.
“ This is the BEST experience I have ever had. It was BEAUTIFUL. I will always remember Ballyfin and everyone here and THANKS for making my dream come true to feel like a princess. It is a fairy-tale ending”. Kit – age 10 years
Some of our rooms can accommodate one extra bed comfortably in the room. Our suites and some of our state rooms can accommodate two extra beds. Alternatively if you require separate rooms close together, we have several options available:-
- Our Tapestry and Morrison rooms are suitable as interconnecting rooms with an outer door shared by the two rooms.
- The Little Library and Lady Sarah Pole rooms are on a separate floor sharing a private corridor.
- The Sir Christopher Coote Suite and Maryborough rooms also share a private corridor.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR LITTLE ONES
- Mini bathrobes and slippers
- ‘Ballyfin Bear” awaits your arrival
- Children’s DVD’s
- Selection of fun board games
- Fun filled playroom
- Indoor swimming pool
- Junior wellington boots to explore the Demesne
- Children’s bicycles and helmets
- Kids life jackets for the boats
- Children’s dietary requirements catered
- Children’s meals at a time that suits your family
- Baby sitters available
SOME ACTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES TO ENJOY
Ballyfin Demesne’s 614 acres of parkland and grounds is perfect for your children to explore and enjoy taking part in all the activities.
- Bikes for all the family
- Boating and fishing on the lake
- Pony treks & Riding lessons *
- Pony & carriage *
- Kite flying
- Archery lessons *
- GAA Games
- Bird Watching
- Falconry *
- Indoor swimming pool
- Swimming lessons *
- Treasure hunt
- Picnic (teddy bear picnic for the younger ones)
- Feed the chickens and collect eggs
- Climb to the top of the Tower
- Storytelling in the Grotto *
- Nature ramble through the gardens
- Arts & Crafts
- Art tour of Ballyfin House
- Dress in period costumes for dinner *
- * additional charge applies